The Finance Bill 2012
The Finance Bill 2012 (the "Bill") It is currently being debated by Parliament.
The Bill contains a number of measures including:
- An increase in the income tax personal allowance to £8,105.
- A reduction in the additional rate of income tax from 50% to 45%.
- A reduction in the rate of corporation tax to 24% in 2012 and to 23% in 2013.
- An increase in the individual EMI limit to £250,000 and the extension of Entrepreneur’s Relief to holders of shares acquired by exercising EMI options, subject to satisfying the relevant conditions.
- Measures intended to simplify the tax system.
We will provide details of any significant amendments to the Bill once the Bill has been finalised.
Further details of the ‘2012 Budget are set out in our articles UK Budget 2012 - Income tax overview’ and ‘Budget 2012 gives boost to EMI’, links to which are included in the Resources section below.