UK News

Certificate of residence - new online form available from HMRC

December 2011

Where an individual is resident in the UK and has overseas income and/or gains, it may be possible to claim tax relief or exemption to avoid paying tax twice.  For some countries it is necessary to provide their tax authorities with a 'certificate of residence' confirming UK residence status.

It is now possible to apply online to HMRC for a certificate of residence (see link in the ‘Resources’ section below).  It is to be hoped that this will make the process easier and quicker.


Request for Certificate of Residence in the UK

For further information or to discuss the issues raised, please contact John Mooney or Bina Gayadien on +44 20 3051 5711.