The myriad of recent UK pension legislation has produced a complex landscape of procedures and processes that must be followed in order to remain compliant. We are here to guide you through this maze.
Abbiss Cadres assists UK and international clients, as well as other advisers, on all aspects of UK pension law including:
- Pension aspects of sales and purchases of businesses and companies such as:
- clearance applications to the Pensions Regulator,
- due diligence reports,
- negotiation of pension warranties and indemnities,
- pension schedules,
- disclosure letters,
- pension scheme mergers and de-mergers.
- The ongoing administration, funding and compliance of schemes such as:
- reducing the financial exposure of final salary pension schemes,
- changing benefit structures, including the closure and winding up of schemes or moving to money purchase arrangements,
- implementing auto enrolment, salary sacrifice, and the Finance Act changes, in relation to pensions liberation,
- negotiating agreements on funding with trustees including recovery plans and Schedules of Contributions,
- drafting pension documentation including deeds, member communications and booklets,
- interpreting scheme documents.
- Disputes and litigation including:
- pension Ombudsman disputes and appeals,
- dealing with investigations/enquiries by the Pensions Regulator,
- disputes with scheme members.
- Pension aspects of:
- employment contracts including age discrimination and sex discrimination,
- insolvency, administration, receivership and Pension Protection Fund entry.
- Investment management agreements.
- Pension projects such as pension increase exchange exercises and enhanced transfer value exercises.
- Public sector schemes and admission agreements.